The Motivational Empowerment Group
Chronic Fatigue syndrome / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
We are a group of people who have been diagnosed with CFS/ME Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
We understand that CFS/ME cannot be cured – as yet but with gaining more knowledge and understanding about the condition we are more accepting of the management required to live the best life we can with the condition.
Management means lots of self-discipline, change, and adaption to accept that we cannot do all the things we once were able to do. This does not come easy and some days are much harder than others which may depend on what is going on in our lives at the time. Learned self-awareness ensures that we listen to our bodies which help to deter or prevent relapses in the future.
MEG has created a environment where we communicate and share our strengths and look at the things we can and do achieve. We have the opportunity to make new friends and acquaintances with people we may never have met due to our restrictions and social limitations. This certainly helps us all to grow and nurtures self-confidence and trust because we all help to empower each other by just being a part of the group.
MEG meets fortnightly on a Wednesday – most meetings are informal get-together’s where we chat and catch up on each other’s news.
Fellow sufferers are welcome and we hope to have some activities planned for the coming new year.
There are always refreshments available, tea/coffee, etc.
- MEG group meeting Golborne Library on 30th January 2019 11:45 am
- MEG group meeting Golborne Library on 13th February 2019 11:45 am
- MEG group meeting Golborne Library on 27th February 2019 11:45 am
- MEG group meeting Golborne Library on 13th March 2019 11:45 am
- MEG group meeting Golborne Library on 27th March 2019 11:45 am
Meetings are held fortnightly on a Wednesday at rear room of the library from (11:45 am to 13:45 pm). Meetings are informal get-together’s where we chat and catch up on each other’s news and activities.
- Fellow sufferers are welcome.
- Refreshments are provided tea, coffee etc.
- There is access to toilets.
- There is free parking at the rear of library.
Tel: 01942 777800