Data Protection Procedures 2019:
M.E.G (Motivational Empowerment Group)
1. M.E.G (Motivational Empowerment Group) has a data protection policy which is reviewed regularly. In order to help us uphold the policy, we have created the following procedures which outline ways in which we collect, store, use, amend, share, destroy and delete personal data.
2. These procedures cover the main, regular ways we collect and use personal data. We may from time to time collect and use data in ways not covered here. In these cases we will ensure our Data Protection Policy is upheld.
2) General procedures
1. Data will be stored securely. When it is stored electronically, it will be kept in password protected files. When it is stored online in a third party website (e.g. Google Drive) we will ensure the third party complies with the GDPR. When it is stored on paper it will be filed carefully and stored securely.
2. When we no longer need data, or when someone has asked for their data to be deleted, it will be deleted securely. We will ensure that data is permanently deleted from computers, and that paper data is shredded.
3. We will keep records of consent given for us to collect, use and store data. These records will be stored securely.
3) Mailing list
1. We will maintain a mailing list. This will include the names and contact details of people who wish to receive, publicity and fundraising appeals from M.E.G (Motivational Empowerment Group).
2. When people sign up to the list we will explain how their details will be used, how they will be stored, and that they may ask to be removed from the list at any time. We will ask them to give separate consent to receive publicity and fundraising messages, and will only send them messages which they have expressly consented to receive.
3. We will not use the mailing list in any way that the individuals on it have not explicitly consented to.
4. We will provide information about how to be removed from the list with every mailing.
5. We will use mailing list providers who store data within the EU.
3) Contacting volunteers
1. Local people volunteer for M.E.G (Motivational Empowerment Group) in a number of ways.
2. We will maintain a list of contact details of our recent volunteers. We will share volunteering opportunities and requests for help with the people on this list.
3. People will be removed from the list if they have not volunteered for the group for 12 months.
4. When contacting people on this list, we will provide a privacy notice which explains why we have their information, what we are using it for, how long we will keep it, and that they can ask to have it deleted or amended at any time by contacting us.
5. To allow volunteers to work together to organize for the group, it is sometimes necessary to share volunteer contact details with other volunteers. We will only do this with explicit consent.
6) Contacting committee members
1. The committee needs to be in contact with one another in order to run the organization effectively and ensure its legal obligations are met.
2. Committee contact details will be shared among the committee.
3. Committee members will not share each other’s contact details with anyone outside of the committee, or use them for anything other than M.E.G (Motivational Empowerment Group) business, without explicit consent.